September 11-13, 2020
ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER
CLICK HERE for directions to Tryon International Equestrian Center
CLICK HERE for TIEC's COVID-19 protocols
MASKS ARE MANDATORY ONSITE AT ALL TIMES UNLESS MOUNTED ON A HORSE
TEMPERATURE CHECKS ARE MANDATORY FOR ACCESS TO PROPERTY
SOCIAL DISTANCING MUST BE PRACTICED AT ALL TIMES IN PUBLIC SPACES
CLICK HERE to sign the annual TIEC Volunteer liability waiver
CLICK HERE for Lodging Information
CLICK HERE for Tryon Equestrian Center facility map
CLICK HERE for Cross-country fence judge instructional videos
· Determine the day(s) you want to work. Select “Event Days” listed on the signup in blue. Click on the day to see the positions available.
· Select the signup button next to the shift you want to work (please only sign up for 1 full day or 2 half day positions PER DAY)
o If there is no button, then that means that all slots for that position have been filled
· Any special needs / requests, etc - please use the comments field to convey these - we will do our best to accommodate
NOTE: We prefer to have full day volunteers where noted, however, if you are only able to work a partial day, please add a comment on the signup or contact Cat Carter below to see what accommodations can be made.
MAIN PROPERTY ADDRESS: TRYON INTERNATIONAL EQUESTRIAN CENTER (TIEC) 4066 Pea Ridge Road Mill Spring, NC 28756
SANDY PLAINS OFFICE (CROSS COUNTRY) ADDRESS: 2659 Sandy Plains Road, Tryon, NC 28782
· ARRIVAL TIMES: These are noted in the "Time" column next to each position. Please note that these times are provisional and will change as entries are determined and the total number competitors are finalized. You will receive an e-mail notification from this website. In some cases we give an ending time - we ask that you be flexible as the events of the day will dictate the actual end time.
· MEETING PLACE: Go directly to your assigned location unless otherwise notified. We do not have a Volunteer Headquarters this year. Volunteer Leads and event staff will deliver the necessary equipment to your location before your arrival, so you will not need to check in. Once at your assigned location, a Volunteer Lead will come around to confirm your arrival, go over the schedule for the day, and answer any questions you may have.
· BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING: great snacks, best seats in the event, meet new friends, learn about the sport from the experts
· WHAT TO BRING: Every job is a little different, but in general, plan on being in the sun most of the day and dress for the weather.
Some items you might want to consider bringing/wearing- personal water bottle, a chair (we cannot guarantee a chair will be provided for you), sunscreen, rain poncho, chapstick, hat, closed toe shoes
"Thank you in advance for helping us make the 2020 Blue Ridge Mountain Horse Trials a success - without YOU - OUR VOLUNTEERS - there would be no show!"