Blue Ridge Mountain Horse Trials
September 12- 13, 2020
FAQ & Helpful Links
· ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER
· All new volunteers must attend a volunteer orientation: March 28th at 9am or March 31st at 6pm. CLICK HERE to sign up. If you live more than hour away or you join the volunteer program after March 31st, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator before you sign up online.
· CLICK HERE for directions to Tryon International Equestrian Center
· CLICK HERE to sign the annual TIEC Volunteer liability waiver.
· CLICK HERE to stay updated on the TIEC Volunteers Facebook Group
· CLICK HERE for Lodging Information
· CLICK HERE for Tryon Equestrian Center facility map
· CLICK HERE for Cross-country fence judge instructional videos
· Determine the day(s) you want to work. Select “Event Days” listed on the signup in blue. Click on the day to see the positions available.
· Select the signup button next to the shift you want to work (please only sign up for 1 full day or 2 half day positions PER DAY
o If there is no button, then that means that all slots for that position have been filled
· Any special needs / requests, etc - please use the comments field to convey these - we will do our best to accommodate
NOTE: We prefer to have full day volunteers where noted, however, if you are only able to work a partial day, please add a comment on the signup or contact the steward below to see what accommodations can be made.
TRYON INTERNATIONAL EQUESTRIAN CENTER (TIEC)
4066 Pea Ridge Road
Mill Spring, NC 28756
· ARRIVAL TIMES: These are noted in the "Time" column next to each position. Please note that these times are provisional and will change as entries are determined and the total number competitors are finalized. You will receive an e-mail notification from this website. In some cases we give an ending time - we ask that you be flexible as the events of the day will dictate the actual end time.
· MEETING PLACE: Please report to the Volunteer Headquarters at your arrival time.
· BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING: great snacks, best seats in the event, meet new friends, learn about the sport from the experts and our famous boxed lunches!
· WHAT TO BRING: Every job is a little different, but in general, plan on being in the sun most of the day and dress for the weather. It is always best to dress in layers. Some items you might want to consider bringing/wearing ... a chair, sunscreen, chap stick, hat, closed toe shoes.
Please feel free to forward this weblink to anyone you feel might want to come out and help. And on behalf of our Volunteer Coordinator and Show Organizers ....
"Thank you in advance for helping us make the 2019 The Blue Ridge Mountain Horse Trials a success - without YOU - OUR VOLUNTEERS - there would be no show!"
|XC Crossing Guards||Jim||Troppmannfirstname.lastname@example.org||513.600.3334|
|XC Jump Judges||Ann||Troppmannemail@example.com||513.706.2979|
|XC Other||Mary Pat||Monteithfirstname.lastname@example.org||704.419.9765|